Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just having a quite relection moment

I was sitting here thinking about life and the activities that keep it hopping. Then I realized that I need to stop and enjoy the here and now more often. My kids are growing up so fast and I rarely write about the day to day things that are so funny or challenging, either. So I will writer about my day Yesterday.

I woke up very tired! So after David and Morgan went to work and school I decided to jump in a shower and get refreshed and awake. Well Kyle and Eli were already awake so I asked Ky to keep an eye on Eli while I showered. When I was toweling off Kyle comes yelling at the door that Eli had pooped on the floor and making a mess. I quickly got dressed and yep sure enough I found a wonderful mess on my kitchen tile. All I can say is thank goodness that is was on the tile and not the carpet. Well by this time it is 20 to 8 and I need to feed the boys, have them get dressed, clean the kitchen floor, bath Eli, and send the 3 oldest off to school all in less than 30 min. Lets just say that my tiredness did not help my mood! It all worked out!!

It was early day so Kyle and Kale got home around 1:30 and we started homework. I was so happy that Kale didn't complain. Infact he read for 40min and then did his spelling work and I didn't even have to threaten. What helped was that I ordered from the scholastic book orders the entire Magic Tree House Series and he was so excited to start reading them. Wow, and I almost didn't get them. He even read 45min this morning before getting ready for school, incredible. Kyle was a terd! He cried and wined and so did I!!! But we finished his spelling and reading an hour later. He sure has a hard time staying focused.

Morgan got home at 2:45. A neighbor boy had challenged her to a foot race after school on the bus ride home. I was worried that he would beat her and that is would humiliate her, but that was all in vain. They tied!!! Well she spent the rest of her time on homework (poor kid). She is in geometry - I know! I didn't take that till I was a junior in high school and she is only in 8th grade!!!! Tonight she has soccer practice so she usually jumps right on her homework as soon as she gets home. She is such a great kid, very responsible and smart!

I finished the night off by going to bring Eli back inthe house and ending up pulling weeds, mowing the lawn, bathing the kids, cleaning the kitchen and stressing about whether to go with my Sister somewhere(which I would still love to but not this weekend). So when I finally got to get in bed I was out as soon as I hit to pillow. Well my little huricane just came upstairs so I have to end and clean up a spilled mess - it never ends! But I love them and it is definitly worth it!

1 comment:

TARADDY said...

well sis, I have to say as I have before I have always admired you. You always seem to have a kind spirit about you even when I can tell you are tired. You are an incredible mom though at times we often dont feel adequate for the job Father has given us.

I know your kids love you and I know you will be blessed. Like you said at the beginning of your post, they grow so fast and before you know it, you will look back and they will be grown and there won't be messes from them anymore. Of course grandkids will be on their way haha, but that will be a new joyous chapter of our lives awaiting for us. I love you! When the going gets rough....GET TOUGH! Hugs! Talk to you soon!